Issue 224 — March 28, 2023
I am brimming with excitement to share these comments from some of the women who are enrolled in my just-launched mastermind series, Intentioning: Transform Your Dreams to Reality with the Power of Intention.
“Excited and inspired. Because of the pandemic and a cross-country move to Florida in the middle of the pandemic, it has been so long since I had the opportunity to be in the same space with women leaders. It feels so good to be with all of you! Can’t wait to see what unfurls!” — Nuhket
“Excited … and hopeful that I will gain some clarity on what my ‘Intentioning’ will lead me to…. I am working w/an Executive Coach right now but am finding it wanting in helping me w/my next ‘RE’ and moving it to action” — Peggy
“I am excited to collaborate with other women on setting intentions. I am also coming in needing a lot of help refining my ideas and getting over the hump of making a big shift in running my business in freelance-mode to company with a team mode.” — Marisa
I’m so pumped with the quality of conversation and the community we are forming that I decided to open up 10 more slots in the Intentioning mastermind series. But hurry, because this opportunity is only available through the start of the coming week’s session on Thursday, 3/30.
Fresh off of the pre-launch webinar, “Strike Your Own Damn Balance” with the effervescent Leading Motherhood founder and CEO Amy Looper, in which we talked about the Leadership Intentioning Tool #5 of the 9 you’ll learn if you join me for this mastermind series, we took some time to introduce ourselves and dived into something I’ve been thinking about a lot lately, the power of paradox.
The Power of Paradox for Leaders: Here’s some of what we talked about that impacts our leadership profoundly
We are in a season of disruption. We are in a season of rebirth. The two have much in common.
Leadership is full of paradoxes. Very little is absolute. The leader who can not only thrive in paradox but can use the creative problem solving that paradox forces you to have is the leader who can excel at being herself and at leading other people.
Most of the time we collectively and as individuals are in one or both of the phases of disruption and rebirth. At times like these, it’s good to remember there are always times like these.
The most challenging thing about leadership is this paradox:
People hunger both to be led and to lead:
— to be told what is expected and to decide for themselves
— to be given a clear structure and to have the autonomy to create the structures they believe make themselves most effective
— to have their leader articulate a compelling vision and to feel that they have participated in the creation of that vision
— to get personal satisfaction while in reality we are most satisfied when we are working for something larger than ourselves.
Yet in truth:
— Chaos and ambiguity are facts of life.
— In chaos is opportunity.
— Those who will be most successful are inevitably those who embrace chaos and ambiguity and turn them into opportunities;
Those processes are very juicy, creative, sometimes painful, sometimes frightening phases.
We’ll discuss part two of this in the coming week so you’ll be able to catch up quickly. If you want to schedule a phone call to learn more, simply email me at email@example.com.
What’s in the mastermind sessions? 13 Sessions in 13 weeks, at 5pm eastern time; 12 left. Here’s what you’ll get when you join us:
- Week 1: Get to know you and the community platform (We can easily bring you up to speed on this.) Power of paradox part 1. Oh, and you’ll get your first bonus, your welcome kit.
- Week 2: What are you bringing into the room part 2? Share your paradoxes in your life or your observation and we’ll help illuminate the way to clarity of intentioning.
- Week 3: Overview of the rest of the course and a refresher of how we change the power paradigm to free ourselves to have our highest and most gratifying intentions. Introduction to the VCA method of intentioning — vision, courage, action. These are core concepts that underlie the series.
- Week 4: Self definitional Leadership Intentioning Tools overview: That’s uncover yourself, dream up, and believe in the infinite pie.
- Week 5: Interactive sharing of exercises for those tools that you’ve done during the week
- Week 6: The first small group coaching session to work out your own power demons and start drafting your Strategic Leadership Action Plan.
- Week 7: Counterintuitive Leadership Intentioning Tools overview: That’s modulate confidence because it’s overrated, strike your own damn balance, and build social capital first.
- Week 8: Interactive sharing of exercises for those tools you’ve done during the week.
- Week 9: Change Leadership Leadership Intentioning Tools Overview.
- Week 10: Interactive sharing of exercises for those tools that you’ve done during the week.
- Week 11: Small group coaching #2. SLIP hot seats to help you clarify intentions
- Week 12: We’ll work together to create your Strategic Leadership Action Plan and how you can apply the tools to achieve it.
- Week 13: Share your finalized plans and celebrate your amazing accomplishments!
We only have 10 more slots open this week, so hurry and secure yours now! We offer payment plans. And knowing that times are tight, use this code BALANCE to get 20% off.
The best investment you can ever make is in yourself.
I’m intentioning your success!
GLORIA FELDT is the Cofounder and President of Take The Lead, a motivational speaker and expert women’s leadership developer for companies that want to build gender balance, and a bestselling author of five books, most recently Intentioning: Sex, Power, Pandemics, and How Women Will Take The Lead for (Everyone’s) Good. Honored as Forbes 50 Over 50 2022, and Former President of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, she is a frequent media commentator. Learn more at www.gloriafeldt.com and www.taketheleadwomen.com. Tweet Gloria Feldt.